Watch the video in youtube using the following link:
For more info visit:
iJam allows you to experiment with sound and music! Get the grips of what music improvisation means without necessarily knowing how to play an instrument. Jam over cool loops and explore the borders of your imagination – just do what sounds right for you! The amazing loops used in iJam were collected from SampleSwap: http://sampleswap.org
– Select sinusoidal, sawtooth or any blend between the two.
– Multitouch behaviour allows playing many notes and controlling sound parameters at the same time. For iPad, be sure to deactivate Multitasking Gestures.
– Use some extra expression on your playing doing pitch bends and vibrato using the bend slider and the vibrato button
– Even if you don’t know what a scale is, or their names, just listen to them, experiment and find the ones that suit you best for any occasion and backing track. Also, adjust the bass-most note and the range of the instrument.
– Choose a cool loop to improvise over. These fantastic loops were collected from the SampleSwap website.
– All these controls can be found in different tabs in the iPhone.(iJam is also available for iPad, check it out!)
– Moving your fingers on the notes grid is all you need to play music! Horisontal movement changes the pitches (notes) while vertical movement changes loudness.
– Dry/Wet: how much of the pure generator’s sound and how much delay
– Delay time: how much time for delay to re-play what you played – with cool and vintage pitch-bending effect.
– Delay feedback: how many times will delay strike back.